Cheese sticks are deep-fried snacks composed of sliced cheeses wrapped in spring roll wrapper. This is totally different from the cheese sticks that they have here in North America wherein cheese (usually Mozzarella) is coated in a batter and deep-fried.
A great meryenda (mid-afternoon snack) for the kids and kid at heart, this snack is so easy to prepare and is a total budget friendly meal.
Try this Cheese Sticks Recipe. Let me know what you think!
- 7 ounces cheddar cheese , sliced into individual strips (I used pinoy cheese for this recipe)
- 30 pieces spring roll (lumpia) wrapper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Wrap the cheeses in spring roll wrapper
- Heat the pan and pour-in the cooking oil. Let the oil heat-up for a few minutes. (use a smaller pan to save oil)
- Deep-fry the cheese in spring roll wrapper (uncooked cheese sticks) for 4 minutes or until the color of the spring roll wrapper turns golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate with paper towel. Let stand for a few minutes for the oil to drain.
- Serve with mayonnaise and catsup dip. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Watch the cooking video: