Cheese sticks are deep-fried snacks composed of sliced cheeses wrapped in spring roll wrapper. This is totally different from Mozzarella sticks, but both have something in common: cheese sticks and mozzarella sticks are crispy in the outside and soft in the inside.Also, both tastes delicious and makes a good appetizer.
Cheese Sticks can also be eaten as a snack. This is best for kids or even kids-at-heart. It is budget-friendly, simple to prepare, and yummy.
I personally enjoy dipping cheese sticks in a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup.
Try this Cheese Sticks Recipe. Let me know what you think!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 6
- 7 ounces cheddar cheese , sliced into individual strips (I used pinoy cheese for this recipe)
- 30 pieces spring roll (lumpia) wrapper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Wrap the cheeses in spring roll wrapper
- Heat the pan and pour-in the cooking oil. Let the oil heat-up for a few minutes. (use a smaller pan to save oil)
- Deep-fry the cheese in spring roll wrapper (uncooked cheese sticks) for 4 minutes or until the color of the spring roll wrapper turns golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate with paper towel. Let stand for a few minutes for the oil to drain.
- Serve with mayonnaise and ketchup dip. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: