Crispy Tilapia Sticks Recipe
Crispy Tilapia Sticks is a delicious crispy flavorful tilapia fillet dish. The fish is seasoned and dredged in a beading of Panko breadcrumbs, then deep fried until crispy. Crispy Tilapia Sticks makes a delicious appetizer and I think that it goes well with fresh homemade ranch dressing. This Tilapia sticks recipe was from my mom.…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crispy Tilapia Sticks is a delicious crispy flavorful tilapia fillet dish. The fish is seasoned and dredged in a beading of Panko breadcrumbs, then deep fried until crispy. Crispy Tilapia Sticks makes a delicious appetizer and I think that it goes well with fresh homemade ranch dressing.
This Tilapia sticks recipe was from my mom. She made the entire thing while I salivate and wait for it to be done. I was whipping-up some fresh homemade ranch in anticipation of the dish that I will soon be devouring. I can say that even though this dish is really simple, it tasted good and the texture is just perfect.
I know that most of us will say and think that nothing beats our mom’s cooking. I still think the same up to now. She was the reason why I got interested in the kitchen and all things related to food and cooking, in the first place — and she still continues to perform her magical cooking tricks to this day. I am really glad that she came here in the US to visit us.
Crispy Tilapia Sticks also goes well as a main dish. If I will eat this with rice, my preference is to have a dip made-up of soy sauce and lemon or calamansi (or simply Toyomansi).
Try my mom’s Crispy Tilapia Sticks Recipe. Enjoy!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Crispy Tilapia Sticks Recipe
- 1 lb. thick tilapia fillet. each piece sliced lengthwise into 3 to 4 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Combine the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper in a bowl mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the sliced tilapia fillets.
- Meanwhile, pour the oil in a deep cooking pot. Turn-on the heat and start to heat-up the oil.
- Dip the tilapia fillet in the bowl with beaten egg then dredge the tilapia in Panko breadcrumbs. ake sure that the tilapia is well coated. To save more breadcrumbs and for better coating, you can place the breadcrumbs in a container with cover. Simply put 2 to 3 pieces if tilapia fillet in the container with breadcrumbs, cover it, and then shake the container back and forth. You will see that the tilapia will be coated properly.
- Put the breaded tilapia into the hot oil and start to deep fry the fish until the color turns golden brown. Use medium heat in this step
- Remove the deep fried crispy tilapia sticks from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towel.This will absorb the excess oil.
- Transfer the crispy tilapia sticks in a serving plate and serve with a bowl of fresh ranch dressing. You can also serve this with tartar sauce.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment