With only a few pounds of potatoes left in my 10 lb bag, here is the 3rd potato recipe on my list. As a recap, we were able to do homemade potato chips and crispy homemade French fries; this hearty recipe will be next on our list.
Most of the soup recipes that we already posted require meats such as pork, chicken, and beef. I think that it’s time for us to publish vegetable soup recipes for a change. Potato and Leek Soup is a quick and easy soup recipe that even non-cooks can make. A blender by your side will be handy since this recipe will require you to use one.
I love the taste of this soup. If you ask me to describe this in one word, I would probably choose the word “heavenly”. Why? Give it a try and you’ll know.
- ⅛ cup butter
- 4 pieces baking potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 bunch onion leeks, (white portion) chopped in half inch length
- 1 teaspoon green onion leeks, minced (for garnish)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup fresh milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a cooking pot or saucepan and put-in the butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and white onion leeks. Let the vegetable cook under medium heat for at least 8 minutes (stir once in a while for the vegetables to be uniformly cooked).
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour-in the chicken stock and let boil. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn-off the heat and allow the mixture to cool. Put the mixture in a blender then hit the liquefy button to make the mixture smooth.
- Put the mixture back in the heated cooking pot then add the milk and whipping cream and stir. Cook while stirring for a couple of minutes more.
- Transfer to a soup bowl and garnish with minced leeks on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!