Pumpkin Soup or Calabaza (kalabasa) soup is a rich and great tasting soup dish that can be served during any meal.
Although this pumpkin soup recipe makes use of calabaza squash, you can use other varieties of pumpkin depending on your preference. I used kalabasa for this recipe because it tastes sweeter compared to ordinary pumpkin. It is also a good source of Vitamin A.
I like this recipe because of its rich creamy flavor. There is nothing fancy going on with this dish. This makes it simple and easy to prepare. It is also a budget-friendly recipe.
Let’s enjoy life by eating healthy foods.
Try this Pumpkin Soup recipe and let me know what you think.
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 lb calabaza squash kalabasa, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Place the calabaza in a baking tray, and then sprinkle ground black pepper and garlic powder on the calabaza.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the calabaza for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the calabaza from the oven and set aside until it cools down.
- Place the calabaza in a blender along with onions and chicken broth, and then blend until smooth.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the calabaza puree. Let boil.
- Add salt and heavy whipping cream, and then cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with dried parsley.
- Serve hot.
- Share and enjoy!