Here is another vegetable soup recipe that you might be interested in. Cheesy Broccoli soup is a thick soup made from chopped broccoli, fresh milk, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
I like the taste of melted cheese combined with milk while the presence of broccoli assures me that this soup is healthy.
This soup is great to have during cold rainy days with some toasted bread at the side. Try this healthy soup recipe and let me know what you think.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces broccoli, chopped
- Heat a cooking pan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt.
- Add-in the onions and cook until it becomes soft.
- Put-in the flour and stir while cooking.
- Pour-in the milk and let boil. Simmer for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the ground black pepper and stir.
- Put-in the broccoli then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 2