This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here is another vegetable soup recipe that you might be interested in. Cheesy Broccoli soup is a thick soup made from chopped broccoli, fresh milk, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
I like the taste of melted cheese combined with milk while the presence of broccoli assures me that this soup is healthy. You can also puree the broccoli using an immersion blender (it can be done on the cooking pot while cooking), or a conventional blender (you will need to transfer the soup to a blender pitcher and blend) so that the consistency will be smooth similar to cream of asparagus soup.
This soup is perfect to have during cold days and even on rainy days with some toasted bread or even soda crackers by the side. As for me, I can have this on any day. This also makes a good appetizer with any meals. I personally enjoy eating this with egg sandwich along with some potato chips.
Try this healthy soup recipe and let me know what you think.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces broccoli chopped
- Heat a cooking pan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt.
- Add-in the onions and cook until it becomes soft.
- Put-in the flour and stir while cooking.
- Pour-in the milk and let boil. Simmer for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Add the ground black pepper and stir.
- Put-in the broccoli then cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!