KFC Style Gravy Recipe

Positive feedbacks keep coming-in as a result of the different fried chicken recipes that we featured to date. Along with it are requests for a good gravy recipe to compliment the fried chicken. There isn’t any good gravy recipe that I can think of other than KFC’s so I tried whipping-up some ingredients to arrive at the closest copycat KFC Gravy recipe (in my opinion) using basic ingredients that should be available in your local supermarket.

While trying to browse the internet on this topic, I discovered several KFC gravy recipes that claim to be the closest. Though it might be true, these recipes require the use of canned beef gravy plus many other ingredients which I think is not practical at all. I find it unreasonable to use ready mix or canned gravy to arrive at another gravy variation, don’t you? Saving money is also an important factor; if there is a recipe that will cost less and still give me the taste that I’m looking for – why wouldn’t I go for it?

This gravy recipe that we have here works well with fried chicken and mashed potatoes. If you are one of those who think that gravy is some kind of soup, slurping this or mixing it with rice will work too.

Try this KFC Style Gravy recipe and let me know what you think.

KFC Style Gravy

KFC Style Gravy Recipe

• 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
  • 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
  • 2  1/4 cups water

1. Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
  2. Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
  3. Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
  4. Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
  5. Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
  6. Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
  7. Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
  8. Share and enjoy!

Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)

Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog

Comments

1. hi i have a Filipino partner and im a kiwi so enjoying how to cook these wonderful recipes. thanks alot

• hello kiwi guy, as i know you look like a filipino too. enjoy our foods and practice to cook as well. regards… ramel

2. Jahnsen says:

Hi, just wanted to know if i can use this for other fried dishes too like fried pork chops. Or it’s only appropriate for fried chicken? If so, what sauce can you suggest i can use for fried pork chops? Will this gravy rcipe enhance the flavors for my fried pork chops? Or will give it a foul taste?

• Jahsen, thanks for your question. This should be appropriate for fried pork chops too. I am not sure though about your comment regarding foul taste. Sauces should be able to enhance the flavor of dishes. If your dish has a foul taste then it might be with the manner that you prepared it.

• Lisa Nazir says:

Just to diffuse any tension here, I think the question may have meant the word “fowl”,as in ,chicken. I think they were asking if it would give too much of a chicken flavour to a pork dish. I don’t think they were disparaging your recipe! :-) (which is now bookmarked for me to try very soon)

3. Karen Jones says:

Where do you get the chicken and beef powder from? Or is this another name for something else?

• Chicken and beef powder are the actual products. These are similar to chicken bouillons. Knorr is my preferred brand. It can be found in the Hispanic isles of the supermarket.

4. Veronica says:

As I just started living on my own, this website has been a big help. I now have endless recipes to choose from everyday. Thank you for that!

I have a question though, how long do you think this would keep frozen/in the refrigerator? Thanks again and God bless you!

5. Josie nacpil says:

Thanks for sharing this recipe.. It’s good for mashed potato.. :)

6. jonathan sy says:

Great ! You help a lot !

7. ramil says:

uhmmmmm…planning to put my own business ..most of my recipes are qoute here..thank you very much PanlasangPinoy

8. hi i like the way you cook…….and my son love your burger steak recipe and specialy the gravy sause thanks for sharing your recipe…………….

9. lawrence says:

the best ‘tong gravy recipe mo kuya.

10. joven says:

can i ask ing paglagay ng all purpose flour with water ba?

11. jaybee says:

hello master pag linagay ba ung all purpose flour imimix wd water?

12. Nareehn says:

cool.from now on il bookmark your page. thanks. ur rily helping amateurs like me.^^

13. Gerikins Asadon says:

tried this just now… and it’s S-U-P-E-R-B! And to think this is my first attempt to cook,,, I so lurv lurv lurv!!!

14. Kat R. says:

Your recipe is so good! I just added lots of ground black pepper though. And my sisters and niece loved it. I partnered it with your recipe of Scotch eggs. Thank you for sharing. More power to you and God bless!

15. Claudio A. Garcia says:

Im so much delighted of all your recipes…I’ve try some…its great..Thanks for sharing this knowledge to us…its a great help for us…God Bless….

16. thanks po

17. annie says:

luv it!

18. Elvin Russel says:

hi sir idol…will this gravy compliment well with mashed potatoes with garlic..and can i put a little bit of corsnstarch?

19. Way too good! :) I tried this one just one. Yummeh!! 😀

20. brianna says:

the best ang panlasang pinoy!!!

21. janela says:

this is a great website for people like me who wants to know more about cooking…thank you! :) more sharing kuya vanjo!

22. Arbhie says:

this is awesome :))

23. hi ilikethis! says:

Would love to try these recipes. I cant help but notice something, are you cooking and hold the camera at the same time? It would help a lot if you have someone hold it for you :)

24. edralyn says:

Hi!

I think ur gravy is easy to make and im planning to make this one this coming saturday..i just have one question.. is it still okay if i will make it on saturday night and use or eat it on sunday lunch tym?i use it for breaded pork chops order..hope to have your reply as soon as possible..thanks

25. ayesha says:

thanks its look easy,i will try this recipe.

26. try niyo palitan ng mashed potato yung flour as thickening agent, for me ms ok yung lasa

27. anton uy says:

saraap, i have already tried it.. just now.. and its delicious….thanks for sharing with us…

28. jackiedelrey says:

love the recipe sooo much!!! so easy and sooo tipid =)) thanks a lot

29. denise says:

good day! i will be having a birthday party this week and I would like to cook for my guests this time around. In line with this, i was just wondering if i could make this gravy recipe and also the mashed potatoes a day before the party to save time on the day itself? would they still be as delicious? thanks! :)

30. Jean Mary says:

I’ll surely try this one. Affordable ang mga ingredients and very simple. Thanks for sharing this one. I’m sure this will compliment my own fried chicken recipe and other fried meats.

31. adeth says:

i will surely try this, i really love KFC gravy… hope it will be the same taste! :)

32. amateur_chef says:

thank you…thank you…thank you. this recipe made my day 😀

33. i really love panlasang pinoy i learned a lot of reciepies thanks!

34. Cathy says:

uhhhmmmm i try ko ito pra gayahin ang burger steak ng jollibee which is my japanese husband favorite….

35. rodel says:

ka ta try lng po namin….the best master….

• lhein says:

ok try ko din plus roasted chicken…..i will let you know if it’s really yummy…thank you po in advance.

36. josette says:

thanks Again! this is more like it. Bet i’ll try this in my next burger steak sauce. my son will surely love it. more power to You…

37. maribel says:

hello vanj…..i tried this gravy and it’s really yummy…i used it with the max’s fried chicken recipe of yours.luv it!more swak sa budget recipes pleeeaaasssee..LOL

38. i wanna ask if how many tablespoon of all porpuse im going to put…because im confused,, in recipe i was read 5 tablespoon but in procedure 2 tablespoon what is true and how many im going to put for kfc style gravy?hope you can answr my comment…thank you

39. how many flour im going to put in kfc style gravy,,,because in recipe 5 table spoon…then in procedure 2 tablespoon im so confused about im going to put?

40. 1st time i tried, i burnt the butter/flour mix… it was too salty… i added water but the gravy lost its “creamyness”…

2nd time i tried, i put half beef and half chicken cubes instead of 1 whole each… i think its just right, but it doesnt taste like kfc… i think im doing something wrong…

will try again… thanks!

41. Cianel says:

Yay! gravy to go with my hanburg steak ^_^

42. better try this! i’m planning to cook mashed potato next week, this would be a great partner for it.

btw, followed you through google connect. would you like to exchange links with my food/cooking blog?

thanks a lot for sharing this recipe!

43. Doc Rich says:

so yummy! the best. I think I can have crispy fried chicken and mashed potatoes for the whole week. hehehe. thanks.

44. this one is the best!!!!at least now i know how to do it, i can make it myself,thank you…thank you… keep sharing with us your expertise…

45. keep it up panlasang pinoy! fan din ako ng blog na to, and to be honest… i learned a lot and still learning sa mga recipes mo..Thank you and more power!

46. Sheena Dy-Balaga says:

hi there..i am so happy that i finally found a site which showcases amazing and delectable recipes that are easy to follow ..i am not good in cooking. as a newly wed, i would love to serve my husband yummy and healthy foods…your recipes will be of great help..i tried cooking your fried chicken recipe (the one with fresh milk) along with this gravy and well, my husband loved it!!keep on posting amazing recipes…I am a HUGE fan!!

47. Sharon Alvarez says:

Hi, I accidentaly came to your website and the first recipe i saw was the Max’s Fried Chicken and the KFC Gravy, the procedure was very simple and definitely i will make this recipe of yours soon.

Hoping to see more of your recipe..

48. Elena says:

Hi Kuya ! Normal lang po ba na maging malapot yung gravy??

49. mylyntm says:

thanks a lot panlasang pinoy=)

50. andrei melo says:

actually nde nmn nakakataba yan :))wahahahahaXD!

51. Hi Josiee, nice to hear from you again. I Hope that you are doing fine.

52. thank u kuya! my husband loves gravy and isinasabaw din nya. ingat po palagi. God bless.

53. Good to hear from you Alvin. I appreciate your positive feedback.

Happy cooking!

54. Thanks for commenting Camille. See you around

55. Please feel free to add ground black pepper,rodel.

56. Lindo, you may always use the category drop-down located in the right side of the blog/webpage to look for beef recipes.

57. marie says:

guys this is amazing really taste gud,i just cook it…

58. james tenorio of lipa city says:

tnx much boss..u made my day complete…i have now a very taste tempting gravy for my mashed potato…