Making Tofu with Mushroom Gravy is a nice way to prepare tofu. The procedure is simple; the ingredients are readily available in supermarkets; and it tastes good.
I know that most of you want to do quick and easy tofu recipes for dinner. Well, this recipe is worth a try. I know that most kids don’t like tofu. If your kid is one of them, it is possible that you can have them like tofu through this dish. Click here to see other ways on how to cook tofu.
Since we are frying the tofu, note that there can be a lot of splashing action. You can remedy this by dredging tofu on flour to so that the liquid is absorbed by the flour, or covering the pan right away leaving a small open space for the steam to escape.
I found that extra firm tofu is the best tofu type to use when frying is required because it easily gets crisp compared to the others.
Try this Tofu with Mushroom Gravy recipe. Let me know what you think.
Tofu with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 14 oz. package extra firm tofu, sliced into 1/2 inch thick flat pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 4 oz. can, sliced button mushroom
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Pan-fry the sliced tofu in medium heat for about 7 to 10 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan. Add the butter and melt.
- When the butter becomes hot, gradually add the flour while stirring. Continue cooking while stirring gradually until the color of the mixture turns light brown.
- Pour-in the vegetable broth. Stir until the texture becomes smooth.
- Add the mushrooms. Simmer while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens and the desired consistency is achieved.
- Arrange the fried tofu on a serving plate. Top with mushroom gravy.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!