KFC Style Gravy Recipe

Positive feedbacks keep coming-in as a result of the different fried chicken recipes that we featured to date. Along with it are requests for a good gravy recipe to compliment the fried chicken. There isn’t any good gravy recipe that I can think of other than KFC’s so I tried whipping-up some ingredients to arrive at the closest copycat KFC Gravy recipe (in my opinion) using basic ingredients that should be available in your local supermarket.

While trying to browse the internet on this topic, I discovered several KFC gravy recipes that claim to be the closest. Though it might be true, these recipes require the use of canned beef gravy plus many other ingredients which I think is not practical at all. I find it unreasonable to use ready mix or canned gravy to arrive at another gravy variation, don’t you? Saving money is also an important factor; if there is a recipe that will cost less and still give me the taste that I’m looking for – why wouldn’t I go for it?

This gravy recipe that we have here works well with fried chicken and mashed potatoes. If you are one of those who think that gravy is some kind of soup, slurping this or mixing it with rice will work too.

Try this KFC Style Gravy recipe and let me know what you think.

KFC Style Gravy

KFC Style Gravy Recipe

• 3 tablespoons butter or vegetable shortening
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 piece chicken cube or 2 teaspoons chicken powder
  • 1 piece beef cube or 2 teaspoons beef powder
  • 2  1/4 cups water

1. Dilute the beef and chicken cubes in water.
  2. Heat a saucepan and put-in the butter. Let the butter melt under low heat.
  3. Add 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and cook in low heat while continuously stirring for 7 to 8 minutes or until the color turns medium brown. There is a tendency that the flour might burn when overcooked or if high heat is applied. Be extra cautious.
  4. Add the remaining flour and continue stirring.
  5. Gradually add the chicken and beef broth (the result of procedure 1) while stirring. Continuous stirring is needed to prevent lumps from forming.
  6. Put the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes more while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
  7. Serve hot with fried chicken or mashed potato.
  8. Share and enjoy!

Thanks for sharing this post! I appreciate you.

Comments

1. cool.from now on il bookmark your page. thanks. ur rily helping amateurs like me.^^

2. Gerikins Asadon says:

tried this just now… and it’s S-U-P-E-R-B! And to think this is my first attempt to cook,,, I so lurv lurv lurv!!!

3. Your recipe is so good! I just added lots of ground black pepper though. And my sisters and niece loved it. I partnered it with your recipe of Scotch eggs. Thank you for sharing. More power to you and God bless!

4. Claudio A. Garcia says:

Im so much delighted of all your recipes…I’ve try some…its great..Thanks for sharing this knowledge to us…its a great help for us…God Bless….

5. thanks po

6. thanks po the best ka talaga

7. luv it!

8. Elvin Russel says:

hi sir idol…will this gravy compliment well with mashed potatoes with garlic..and can i put a little bit of corsnstarch?

9. Way too good! :) I tried this one just one. Yummeh!! :D

10. brianna says:

the best ang panlasang pinoy!!!

11. this is a great website for people like me who wants to know more about cooking…thank you! :) more sharing kuya vanjo!

12. this is awesome :))

13. hi ilikethis! says:

Would love to try these recipes. I cant help but notice something, are you cooking and hold the camera at the same time? It would help a lot if you have someone hold it for you :)

14. edralyn says:

Hi!

I think ur gravy is easy to make and im planning to make this one this coming saturday..i just have one question.. is it still okay if i will make it on saturday night and use or eat it on sunday lunch tym?i use it for breaded pork chops order..hope to have your reply as soon as possible..thanks

15. thanks its look easy,i will try this recipe.

16. try niyo palitan ng mashed potato yung flour as thickening agent, for me ms ok yung lasa

17. ryan cruz says:

idol ko talaga Panlasang pinoy..!! dabest ka sir..! ikaw na! :D

18. anton uy says:

saraap, i have already tried it.. just now.. and its delicious….thanks for sharing with us…

19. hello po! I’ve tried it and ang galing! very easy to do… thanks for the recipe

20. jackiedelrey says:

love the recipe sooo much!!! so easy and sooo tipid =)) thanks a lot

21. RainDropsOnYourHead says:

Gravy pa lang ulam na! Galing mo SIR!! :))

22. good day! i will be having a birthday party this week and I would like to cook for my guests this time around. In line with this, i was just wondering if i could make this gravy recipe and also the mashed potatoes a day before the party to save time on the day itself? would they still be as delicious? thanks! :)

23. Sir may tanong lang, 2 and 1/4 cup po ba yan or we need 2 of 1/4 cup, dapat po ba seperate ang pag dilute sa chicken and beef or magkasama na?, Sana po mag post po kayo sa youtube kung pano ito gawin :( Ty po sa pag share nito. God bless :)

24. Jean Mary says:

I’ll surely try this one. Affordable ang mga ingredients and very simple. Thanks for sharing this one. I’m sure this will compliment my own fried chicken recipe and other fried meats.

25. i will surely try this, i really love KFC gravy… hope it will be the same taste! :)

26. wife_and_mom says:

gagawin ko to mamaya.. isasama ko sa beef with brocolli and mushroom recipe ko..sana maganda kalabasan..

27. amateur_chef says:

thank you…thank you…thank you. this recipe made my day :D

28. i really love panlasang pinoy i learned a lot of reciepies thanks!

29. uhhhmmmm i try ko ito pra gayahin ang burger steak ng jollibee which is my japanese husband favorite….

30. ka ta try lng po namin….the best master….

• ok try ko din plus roasted chicken…..i will let you know if it’s really yummy…thank you po in advance.