Bilo-bilo are glutinous rice balls made from powdered glutinous rice and water. Although this might look simple, bilo-bilo is an important ingredient in Filipino desserts such as Ginataang Bilo-bilo, Ginataang Halo-halo, and Baked Bilo-bilo in Coconut Cream sauce.
If you want to make your own Bilo-bilo, here are the ingredients that you need to have and the steps that you need to follow:
1 cup glutinous rice flour
1/2 cup water
1. Combine glutinous rice flour and water.
2. Mix the mixture thoroughly. A soft yet sticky mixture should be formed.
3. Scoop about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of the mixture and roll it into a ball shaped figure using your hands. Tip: Try to wet your hands a little to prevent the mixture from sticking.
4. Place the mixture in a plate or any flat container and do the same steps until all the mixture is used up.
5. Use as ingredient for Filipino Dessert recipes that require them. You can also cover the container and freeze the glutinous rice balls for future use.