Chicken Pochero is a type of stew composed of chicken, sausage, vegetables, plantains, and tomatoes. The harmonious collaboration of different flavors makes this dish extra special.
I love to have this stew during cold seasons. Sipping the hot soup makes me feel warm and comfortable, while the indulging tastes makes my day complete.
This recipe is not very different from the Beef Pochero that we previously featured. Instead of using Chorizo de Bilbao, I opted for Chinese sausage. I also used plantains, instead of “Saging na Saba”.
Try this Chicken Pochero Recipe and let me know what you think.
2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 piece cabbage, quartered
1 bunch Bok choy (pechay)
1 bundle long green beans, cleaned and ends trimmed
1 medium sized potato, cubed
2 large plantain(saba) banana or 1 large plantain banana, sliced
3 pieces chorizo (or Chinese sausage), sliced thinly
1 large tomato, diced
1 medium sized onion, diced
2 tbsp whole pepper corn
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp garlic
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup garbanzos
Watch the cooking video:
1. Heat oil in the pot and fry the banana until color turns golden brown. Once done, set the bananas aside
2. Put in the chorizo in the same pot and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes then set aside
3. Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
4. Add the Chicken and cook for 5 minutes
5. Add the fish sauce, tomato sauce, and whole pepper corn and mix well
6. Add the water and simmer until meat is tender
7. Put-in the fried chorizo, fried banana, potato, and garbanzos and simmer for 7 minutes
8. Add the cabbage, long green beans and simmer for 5 minutes
9. Add the bok choy and turn off the heat. Cover the pot for 5 minutes to cook the bokchoy
10. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!