This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Basil Chicken is a popular spicy Asian recipe. This is usually prepared using ground chicken – although there are some recipes that call for finely chopped chicken breasts. I am using ground chicken breasts for this particular recipe.
Preparing Basil Chicken is very simple. In fact, it is easier to cook compared to pork giniling. All you need to do is saute the garlic and chili flakes, add the chicken and seasonings, and then add the basil. It is as simple at is sounds and it also takes a short amount of time to be completed.
I like to eat Basil Chicken because it tastes fresh. The combination of seasonings and the little kick from the chili makes this dish even more pleasurable to the palate. Also, I like the fact that this dish can go well with steamed rice. There is no other way to eat this but with a cup of warm rice.
Try this Basil Chicken Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 12 to 15 pieces fresh basil leaves or holy basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and then add the chili flakes
- Put-in the ground chicken. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce and then add the brown sugar. Cook I medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the basil and ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Basil Chicken