Fajita is a term used to call marinated grilled meats that are served in warm flour tortillas. Chicken and beef (steaks) are the commonly used meats for this delightful dish. This Sizzling Chicken Fajita Recipe is tangy and delicious.
Once in a while, I make Fajitas for my family. I use a Fajita plate (which is very similar to the sizzling plate) to keep the meal warm and look more appealing. The good thing about this Chicken Fajita Recipe is its ease of preparation and availability of ingredients. Preparation time does not take too long, while the ingredients are always readily available in most local markets or supermarkets.
This is best eaten wrapped in warm flour tortillas with some salsa and a little sour cream on top.
Try this Chicken Fajita Recipe and send us your feedback.
Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 4 pieces skinless chicken breast, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced lenghtwise
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, sliced lenghtwise
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced lenghtwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients then mix.
- Put the chicken breast slices in the mixing bowl then cover with marinade. Let stand for at least 1 hour.
- Grill the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat a cooking pan and pour-in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, put-in the onion and bell peppers then stir. Cook for a minute.
- Add the grilled chicken and cook for 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat a fajita plate (sizzling plate) then transfer the cooked Chicken Fajitas.
- Serve with hot flour tortillas, sour cream, and salsa.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6