Kale is a form of hard cabbage with coarse curly leaves. Unlike the regular cabbage, this vegetable does not form a head. Also, the color of kale is darker than any cabbage.
This vegetable is known for its hard texture. This texture makes kale ideal to be cooked longer than other vegetables. Braised kale is a popular recipe that requires long cooking time.
Kale does not get wilted easily. This makes it good for baking. This kale chips recipe requires kale leaves to bake until the texture becomes crispy. The closest dish that I can think of in terms of texture is the Crispy Spinach less the batter and oil. Seems that kale chip is a healthier alternative.
I understand that this vegetable might be new to some. Other might also think that eating vegetables alone is not cool. Well, sometimes we need to place vegetables in our regular diet whether they are familiar or not. Our body needs to achieve the daily nutrients necessary to keep us healthy. Vegetables play a large role in our overall health.
If you liked Crispy Spinach with Asian Dipping sauce then you will like this recipe too.
Try this Kale Chips Recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- 1 bunch kale leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Tear the leaves from the stalk and place in a ziplock bag.
- Put-in the salt, pepper, and vinegar in the bag then seal.
- Shake the bag until all the ingredients are well distributed then refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arranged the marinated kale leaves in a baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!