This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I went to the grocery this afternoon and was able purchase a 10 lb bag of Idaho potatoes which was on sale for a very cheap price. I thought of making different dishes and snacks out of it. Homemade Potato Chips is the first in my list.
I enjoy having homemade potato chips while slouching in the couch watching TV. It goes well on my favorite cream cheese and spinach dip. Whenever we consumed all the potato chips that we bought from the store, I try to make some from scratch.
Try this Homemade Potato Chips Recipe and send us your feedback.
- 4 pieces baking potatoes cleaned (it can either be peeled or not)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cooking oil
- Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible then place in an open container
- Pour the water in the container with sliced potatoes (you may add additional water as needed).
- Add the salt and stir a little to completely dilute in water. Let the potatoes soak for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Deep fry the potatoes until the color turn golden brown and the texture become crispy.
- Remove from the deep-fryer and place in a container (don't forget to place paper towels on the container to absorb oil; add a dash of salt if desired).
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!