Compared to ordinary fish sinigang, this sinigang na bangus sa miso has richer flavor. There is an element of umami (savoriness) in every bite. The miso (or soybean paste) is regarded in adding the interesting flavor to this dish.
I like sinigang, in general. Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso is my favorite among all the seafood sinigang dishes. I enjoy its rich taste and balanced flavor.
Try this Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso Recipe and let us know your feedback.
Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso
- 1 to 2 lbs milkfish, cleaned and sliced
- 1 bunch mustard leaves
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pack (1.4 ounces) tamarind soup mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 pieces long green chilis (siling pansigang)
- 1/2 cup white or yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 cups water
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat a cooking pot and then pour-in cooking oil.
- Put the onions in when the oil becomes hot, and then saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the miso and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put-in the fish sauce and water, and then stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes and tamarind soup mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the long green chilis and milk fish. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes in low heat.
- Finally, add the mustard leaves and turn off the heat. Cover the pot and let the residual heat cook the greens.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and then serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4