This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sinigang na Bangus is a type of sour clear broth fish soup. This recipe that we have here is basic, but it is my favorite among all the versions that I have tried. My family likes this too because it is simple and delicious. You can really enjoy the fresh taste of the fish complemented by the warm sour broth.
If you are trying to learn how to cook, this dish is a perfect choice to start with. It is not complicated to make and the step-by-step instructions below along with our cooking video should be able to guide you.
Here are some tips for beginners. Make sure to source the freshest bangus available. It will also be great t0 have all the fresh vegetables, as suggested in the recipe. I prefer crisp vegetables. It will be good to try not to overcook these to retain the color and texture.
Sinigang na bangus is best served with warm rice. I also like to eat it using fish sauce as a condiment. Simply pour some fish sauce in a saucer and add a few pieces of chili pepper. Yummy!
Try this Sinigang na Bangus Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. bangus milkfish, cleaned and sliced
- 1 40g pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix (Original)
- 1 bunch fresh kangkong leaves
- 12 pieces sitaw snake beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 to 8 pieces okra
- 2 pieces long green pepper siling pansigang
- 1 medium tomato wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion wedged
- 2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 quarts water
- Heat a cooking pot. Pour water into it.
- Add tomato and anion. Let boil.
- Add bangus. Cover and cook in medium heat between 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the long green pepper into the pot. Add snake beans and okra. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Put the kangkong leaves into the pot. Cover the pot and turn the heat off. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Sinigang na Bangus