Tinolang Tahong is a mussel soup recipe with ginger and spinach.
This recipe is inspired by a famous Filipino soup dish called tinolang manok or chicken tinola — which uses chicken, green papaya wedges, and chili pepper leaves.
This mussel soup recipe is simple, budget-friendly, and delicious. This is also quick to prepare. It took me only 15 minutes to cook this dish.
I like to eat mussels because of its nice flavor. Aside from that, mussels are good for the health: they are excellent source of Selenium, vitamin B12, zinc, and folate.
Try this Tinolang Tahong recipe and let me know what you think.
1 lb mussels (tahong), cleaned
2 cups spinach
2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, pounded
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
2. Saute garlic and onion.
3. Add ginger and mussels, and then cook for a minute.
4. Pour-in water. let boil.
5. Add salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Put-in the spinach. Turn the heat off and cover the pot.
7. Allow the residual heat to cook the spinach.
8. Transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve. Share and enjoy.