Beef Curry is delicious Curry Recipe that uses beef as the main ingredient.
If you liked our Chicken Curry recipe, this recipe is worth a try. This Beef Curry recipe will give you a great tasting dish with an inviting aroma. I am sure that you will enjoy this dish. One word of caution though: get an extra cup of rice ready – it might come in handy later on.
Beef Curry is cooked in many different ways. This recipe that we have here is the mild version. There are people who love to eat curry dishes, but have a low tolerance with coconut milk. This recipe uses fresh milk as a replacement. If you like a rich and tasty curry dish, you can always use coconut milk (use the same measurement).
If you will ask me, I will go for coconut milk for this dish. Coconut milk makes this dish richer and creamier. Why did I use fresh milk for this recipe then? Not all of us have the same taste buds. Some people like mild foods, while others prefer the opposite. I just want to feature our recipes as neutral as possible. We can always substitute ingredients to make it taste the way that we want. Don’t get me wrong, this recipe tastes great – it just has a milder taste compared to the same dish that uses coconut milk.
Coconut milk of fresh milk: the choice is all up to you. No matter what your choice is, I am confident that you will love this Beef Curry dish.
Try this Beef Curry Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Beef Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2 pieces cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper/chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 pieces cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablepsoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Watch the cooking video:
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Add beef and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Put-in crushed red pepper/chili, bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and curry powder. Stir.
- Pour-in fresh milk (or coconut milk). Let boil.
- Add tomato, ginger, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and simmer until the sauce thickens and the beef becomes tender.
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog