Chicken and Corn soup is a simple yet nutritious soup recipe that requires boneless chicken and shredded corn kernels. This is an easy to follow budget friendly recipe that you will surely love. I like this soup because the main ingredients are readily available anywhere — no matter which part of the world you are in. Aside from that, I think that the flavor and consistency of this soup is fantastic.
I used ground chicken breasts for this recipe. However, you can always use bone-in chicken. All you need to do is boil the chicken for 20 minutes, and then manually separate the meat from the bones, and shred using a food processor (or chop in small pieces). Use the remaining liquid as chicken stock.
As for the corn, I used fresh corn kernels. I needed the help of a food processor to shred the corn kernels until it reached the state that I wanted. You do not have to do this if you want the easier way. Canned shredded corn kernels are sold in supermarkets. You may opt to use them instead.
If you love soup, nutrition, and saving money, you should consider this recipe.
Try this Chicken and Corn Soup recipe and let me know what you think.
- ¼ lbs ground chicken
- 15 ounces shredded kernel corn
- 4½ cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 pieces eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Heat oil in cooking pot.
- Put-in ginger and cook for a minute.
- Add the corn and chicken stock. Stir and let boil.
- Put-in the chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Let boil and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with cold water and mix well. Add-in the mixture and stir continuously while cooking.
- Stir-in the beaten eggs. Continue stirring to prevent the eggs from forming.
- Add the green onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: