Are you a fan of tangy chicken dishes? Good news, we have this Chicken Marsala Recipe for you to try.
Chicken Marsala is a delicious chicken dish made from chicken slices – usually the breasts – mushrooms, and Marsala wine. The wine is an essential part of the recipe because it adds flavor to the dish.
What is Marsala wine?
This wine is high in alcohol, and usually used for cooking. Its name was derived from a Sicilian city. Marsala wine is made from white grapes. At the middle of fermentation, grape brandy is added when the residual sugar are in the anticipated levels. Do not be alarmed about the alcohol content of the wine. You see, all the alcohol evaporates as the wine is heated leaving only the flavor.
Preparing this dish is very easy. It only takes a little time to prepare the ingredients before cooking. It will only take about 30 minutes to completely cook this dish.
You will notice that the recipe calls for olive oil and butter. Since the butter gets burnt easily when heated for a long time, olive oil is added to balance the smoking point. The term smoking point refers to the temperature wherein oil begins to breakdown and produce smoke.
This Chicken Marsala Recipe can be served with pasta, bread, or even steamed rice. This is usually topped over cellophane noodles or linguine similar to Beef Stroganoff Recipe. I like to eat this with steamed white rice, or with whole grain pasta.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think.
Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 3 to 4 pieces boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano in a bowl. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and pour in olive oil and butter.
- Once the oil is hot, put-in the chicken and pan fry each side in medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in a plate.
- Put-in the mushrooms, parsley, and Marsala wine. Bring the liquid to a boil and simmer for a minute.
- Put-in the pan fried breasts and cook for a good 8 to 12 minutes (covered).
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4