Try this Bibingkang Malagkit Recipe and let me know what you think.
Bibingkang Malagkit Recipe
- 2 cups glutinous rice (sweet rice or malagkit), washed
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- banana leaves
- Combine glutinous rice and 4 cups of coconut milk in a cooking pot. Heat and let boil, then reduce heat and cook while stirring until the texture thickens. This process can range from 18 to 20 minutes, or even more.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of sugar and salt. Continuosly stir and cook for 10 more minutes or until the rice is completely done. The texture should be very sticky.
- Meanwhile, arrange banana leaves in a 9x 13 inches baking pan. Transfer the cooked sticky rice to the baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the topping by heating a sauce pan and combining 2 cups of coconut cream and remaining 1 cup of brown sugar.Let boil and simmer while stirring once in a while until the texture thickens.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the topping equally over the cooked sticky rice. Bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until the topping becomes a little firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy
Number of servings (yield): 6