One of the quick and delicious dishes that I love to cook is Beef Stir Fry. This dish is so delicious and easy to prepare. Before we start, let me first give you some pointers so that your beef will be as tender as possible.
The key to making a successful Beef Stir fry lies on the meat itself. I recommend using tender parts such as beef sirloin or tenderloin. Since we are cooking this in a short span of time, it is important to use the softest meat. Another important factor is the thickness of the meat. The thinner the slice, the softer the meat becomes. Try to slice the meat as thinly as you can or have your butcher do it for you. It is a fact that tenderloin and sirloin cost more than other beef parts. If you are in a budget and still want to try this recipe using cheaper cuts, it is recommended that you pound the sliced meats using a meat tenderizer tool.
This beef stir fry recipe can go as it is or along with some vegetables. I used frozen chopped broccoli for this recipe. You may use fresh broccoli too. All you will need is chop the frozen broccoli before cooking them. You may also use other vegetables as an alternative to broccoli.
Try this Beef Stir Fry Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Beef Stir Fry with Chopped Broccoli Recipe
- 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef. Add oyster sauce. Mix well and Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add cornstarch on the marinated beef mixture. Mix well using your clean hands.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Stir fry the beef until both sides are done (about 10 minutes in high heat).
- Add the chopped broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Tranfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with brown rice. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4