Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple version of beef with broccoli. This recipe can help you prepare beef with broccoli in less than 30 minutes as long as you use the proper ingredients and follow the steps indicated in the recipe and in the beef and broccoli stir fry cooking video below. For…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry is a simple version of beef with broccoli. This recipe can help you prepare beef with broccoli in less than 30 minutes as long as you use the proper ingredients and follow the steps indicated in the recipe and in the beef and broccoli stir fry cooking video below.
For better results and for a faster cooking time, you will need to use the tenderest part of the beef that you can get. I used flank steak for this recipe. Other cuts that you can use are: tenderloin, top blade, top loin, rib eye, and top sirloin. It is also suggested that you cook in high heat while stir-frying.
This beef with broccoli recipe is perfect for dinner with some rice – so don’t forget to cook your rice beforehand. You can also top this on noodles. As I mentioned in the video (see below), you can use either Sherry cooking wine or Shaoxing wine. I recommend the use of cooking wine because makes this dish tastes better.
I wish that I could talk to you on how to handle the leftovers, but there weren’t any. In fact, I was hoping that I cooked more than I should so that I can have extra beef with broccoli to bring with me for lunch in the office.
You may also want to check out our other beef with broccoli version.
Try this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe. Cheers!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb. flank steak thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup Sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce Kikkoman
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine the ginger, brown sugar, corn starch, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the soy sauce and Sherry cooking wine. Stir.
- Arrange the beef in a bowl. Pour half of the soy sauce mixture on the flank beef. Mix well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, pan fry both sides of the marinated beef for 30 secs to 1 minute per side. Remove the pan fried beef and place it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion and broccoli. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the pan-fried beef. Continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the remaining soy sauce mixture. Stir an cook for 1 minute.
- Add the oyster sauce. Stir and cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video:
Leave a Comment