Pork Chop and rice sounds like a good combination. It will even be better if the meat has some sauce to go with it – just like this Smothered Pork Chop Recipe. This has meat, onions, sauce, and tons of flavors. It is one of those dishes that you could not get enough of.
Preparing Smothered Pork Chop starts by seasoning the pork and then frying both sides of the slices. After this is where the magic happens. It may not look that appealing visually, but the mixture of onions and other ingredients makes this Pork Chop Recipe amazing.
Since Smothered Pork Chop is very flavorful, it is best to eat this with rice. You see, rice has the ability to balance the flavor of the dish. You can have white rice, brown rice, or even wild rice to go with this.
Try this Smothered Pork Chop Recipe and let me know what you think.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 3
- 3 pieces Pork Chops (about 6 ounces each), thick cut
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each pork chop. Rub and let stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Pan fry the pork chops in medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until the color turns medium brown.
- Remove from the pork chops from the pan, set aside.
- On the same pan, melt-in butter.
- Put-in the onions and cook until caramelized (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- Put-in garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle-in flour. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in beef broth, water, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Place the fried pork chops in the pan. Cook for 5 more minutes or until the sauce reduces.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice.
- Share and enjoy!