If you liked our Clam Chowder Recipe, you will surely love this delicious Corn and Potato Chowder. It has a real rich delicious flavor and the ingredients are easy to find.
Chowder is a type of thickened soup that is usually eaten with crackers. The thickening agent for this recipe is the potato. When the potato starts to cook, the starch breaks down and gradually mixes with the milk. The combination of ham and corn gives this soup a nice taste, while the milk and cheese provides the rich flavor. During dinner, this dish is best to eat with some saltine crackers. For lunch, I enjoy having Corn and Potato Chowder along with a roast beef sandwich or tuna salad wrap.
Try this Corn and Potato Chowder recipe and let me know what you think.
Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe
- 1 ½ cup ham, cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 15 ounces (1 can) whole kernel corn
- 14 ounces (1 can) cream style sweet corn
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a cooking pot.
- Pour-in milk and cream style sweet corn. Stir and then bring to a boil.
- Add the ham and potatoes. Cook covered in medium heat for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Put-in the kernel corn, onion powder, salt, and ground black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add-in the cheese. Stir until melted.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog