Craving for a rich and tasty pasta dish? This Chicken Pasta Alfredo recipe is worth a try. The sauce is so rich and tasty and it also has ample amounts of protein from the chicken and nutrients from the broccoli.
Most of us are busy these days, but we and our family deserve a nice tasting home cooked meal. Consuming frozen foods are ok sometimes, if necessary. Why settle for instant food when you can make something quick and easy for lunch or dinner. This is what this pasta recipe is all about.
You may use any brand of pasta; although the recipe calls for fettuccine, spaghetti (angel hair or regular) works good too. As for the chicken, I try to flatten it a little by gently pounding the meat. I do this by arranging the meat on top of a chopping board and hit it gently using the flat end of the meat tenderizer tool. This ensures the chicken to be cooked equally and quickly. To ensure that the chicken is tasty, it is important to allow the seasonings to be absorbed by the meat. Give at least 10 minutes after the chicken is seasoned before pan frying.
The sauce is composed of different ingredients such as heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and butter. The key in making a good sauce is to mix all the ingredients properly for it to have a nice and steady consistency. You may also add other seasonings and vegetables to make the dish more appealing. For example, the extra garlic powder and broccoli that I placed improved the taste of the sauce and added more vitamins to the dish.
Try this Chicken Pasta Alfredo Recipe and let me know what you think.
Chicken Pasta Alfredo Recipe
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream (or table cream)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine or sherry
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Let stay for 10 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Put-in the chicken and pan fry for about 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and let the temperature cool down. Slice and set aside.
- Melt-in butter on the same pan.
- Pour-in wine or sherry. Stir.
- Add heavy cream. Cook in medium heat while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and steamed broccoli. Stir constantly and cook for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange the pasta, Alfredo sauce, and chicken in a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4