This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Pesto Pasta is a healthy and easy chicken pasta dish that you can cook for dinner. This dish makes use of Penne pasta along with basil pesto and grilled chicken.This recipe will guide you on how to make your own pesto anytime you want.
Aside from the basil pesto, I also added some chopped sun dried tomato. This gives more life to the dish because it adds a nice flavor that goes well with the other ingredients. You can purchase ready-made pesto from the supermarket, or make one from scratch. Our pesto recipe can be found on the link below. Of course, it is better to make pesto from ground-up because it is fresh – and you can proudly tell everyone that you made it.
The chicken is easily prepared by rubbing salt and pepper. This is grilled for a few minutes and then slice according to your preference. This is placed on top of the pasta after assembling all the ingredients. Don’t forget to serve your pasta with some homemade garlic bread.
Try this Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups basil pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomato
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the penne pasta according to package instructions. Set aside
- Flatten the chicken breast by gently pounding using a meat tenderizer. Rub salt and pepper on the chicken breast. Let it stay for 10 minutes.
- Grill each side of the chicken breasts for 5 to 7 minutes. Let the meat rest for 5 to 8 minutes and then slice into thick strips.
- Combine the cooked pasta, sliced chicken breast, pesto, sun-dried tomato, and Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Toss until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer to individual plates.
- Serve with garlic bread. Share and enjoy!