As we all know, Pork Adobo has been one of the favorite Filipino Recipes. Inadobo, which is the manner of cooking this dish, has been regarded as a traditional method of cooking meat and vegetables. This Pork Adobo Recipe is another unique version of the same dish that all of us love.
What make this dish stand out are not the eggs. I must admit that having boiled eggs with pork adobo is a good idea. However, the magnificent taste was actually derived from the additional ingredients which are the oyster sauce and dry sherry. These additional ingredients when combined with the traditional (vinegar and soy sauce) produces a great tasting dish.
Aside from having a good taste, the secret in preparing the best adobo dish is all in the meat. Make sure that the pork is as tender as it can be. You can simmer the pork for about 1 hour to make it tender and to extract the entire porky flavor.
Try this Pork Adobo with Boiled Eggs Recipe and let me know what you think.
Pork Adobo with Boiled Eggs
- 2 lbs. pork, sliced in 2×2 inch cubes
- 6 pieces boiled eggs, shell removed
- 9 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 4 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons whole pepper corn
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork slices with 4 tablespoons of soy sauce. Coat the pork with soy sauce and then marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a wide cooking pot and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, put-in the garlic. Add the whole pepper corn and dried bay leaves. Continue cooking until the color of the garlic becomes light to golden brown.
- Add the pork along with the remaining marinade and sherry. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour-in remaining soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water. Let boil and then simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Put-in the vinegar. Allow to re-boil.
- Add the sugar and then stir.
- Put-in the boiled eggs and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with warm rice. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6