Easy Chicken Teriyaki is a simple recipe for teriyaki chicken that makes use of boneless and skinless chicken breasts, a homemade teriyaki marinade, with gorgeous sesame seeds for garnish.
We all know that chicken teriyaki is a popular lunch item in Japan. The original recipe makes use of bone-in chicken with skin. I thought that using less fatty chicken parts such as chicken breast will be best because it will have lower cholesterol content but tastes good at the same time.
I am using my homemade teriyaki sauce recipe as the marinade. This tasty teriyaki sauce can also be used for both pork and beef. You will notice that I am using dry sherry instead of mirin and sake. I figured that most people will have easier access to Sherry than the other wines. The difference is not that obvious though, unless you are a teriyaki connoisseur.
Making Chicken teriyaki using this recipe is very quick and easy. Well, of course we have to devote some time in marinating. However, everything is a breeze once the chicken is marinated. I grill the chicken over a gas grill. I make sure that the grill is pre heated about 350 degrees Fahrenheit before put-in in the chicken. One thing that you should remember is to baste the chicken while grilling. Use the leftover marinade as your basting sauce. This will preserve the tasty flavor in your chicken teriyaki. Once you are done grilling, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and you done.
Give this Easy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe a try. We appreciate your feedback.
- 5 pieces boneless chicken breasts (3 lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
- Combine the basting sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a re-sealable Ziploc bag and then pour-in the marinade.
- Seal the bag and then place it in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Grill both sides of the chicken for 7 to 10 minutes while basting using the basting sauce. You may flip the chicken once in a while keep them from being burnt.
- Transfer to a serving plate and then garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!