Baked Lobster Tail is a quick and easy way to prepare a lobster dinner. This recipe is straightforward and can easily be followed even by amateur cooks.
The secret in making good lobster tail is on the marinade and baking temperature. It is important that the meat is fully exposed so that it can absorb all the marinade. I expose he lobster meat by making a vertical slit from the open end of the tail (biggest end) cutting through until almost the far end of the tail (small end). I then use my hands to open the slit that I created to expose the meat. Gently grab the meat and pull it out of the shell, do not pull the meat out totally. Make sure that it is still connected to the shell. Once the meat is out, you can start brushing your marinade.
Another important thing is the water. I pour water on the tray where the lobster tails sit. Adding water will help maintain the moisture while the lobsters are being baked. As for the sauce, a simple lemon butter sauce is all I need.
Try this Baked Lobster Tail Recipe. Send us your feedback.
Baked Lobster Tail Recipe
- 4 pieces lobster tails (6 to 8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons juice of fresh lemon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 360 degree Fahrenheit.
- Make a vertical slit on the lobster tail using a pair of kitchen shears. Start from the top part moving towards the tail end.
- Expose the lobster meat by gently pulling the sides created by the slit in opposite directions. Pull the meat using your hands. Do not completely remove the meat.
- Arrange the lobster in a baking tray (tray should have an elevated border)
- Combine salt, pepper, butter, and parsley in a bowl.
- Using a basting brush, brush the butter mixture over the exposed meat of the lobster
- Pour water on the baking tray where the lobster tails are sitting.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool and then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with lemon butter sauce. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4