Vegetarian Pancit Canton might look like the regular Pancit Canton. However, this recipe is quite different because it does not use any meat; instead, I used Shitake mushroom.
Preparing this Pancit Canton Variation is simple and faster. A few minutes are what we need because there is no meat to tenderize. The taste that the shitake mushroom brings compliments the dish and makes it more enjoyable to eat.
You can start by stir-frying the vegetables. I chose this method because it is quicker and less tedious compared to blanching. Once the veggies are cooked, set it aside and wait until the noodles are cooked. Cooking the flour noodles should be very quick. Make sure that the Shitake mushroom is cooked to a degree that the maximum flavors are extracted. Also, make sure that the liquid is not too much because this will make the noodles mushy.
I recommend this recipe to all the vegetarians out there, but you do not need to be one in order to enjoy this dish.
Try this Vegetarian Pancit Canton Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
Vegetarian Pancit Canton Recipe
- 1/2 lb. flour sticks
- 3/4 cups dried Shitake mushrooms soaked in water, chopped
- 3/4 cups carrots, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 head small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan.
- Stir-fry the carrots, snow pea, and cabbage for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- On the same empty pan, pour-in the remaining cooking oil.
- Sauté the onion and garlic
- Add the chopped mushrooms and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce and water. Let boil.
- Add the ground black pepper. Stir and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the flour sticks (dried noodles) and then gently stir as it absorbs the liquid. continue cooking until the liquid is totally absorbed.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables back in the pan. Stir to mix with the other ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog