Filipino BBQ Pork Chop is my definition of a good grilled pork chop. This has an awesome taste which you will find interesting. It goes well with rice along with some salted eggs and Filipino salad (ensalada). Preparing Filipino BBQ Pork Chop is easy. The first thing that we need to do is marinate the pork in a special mixture of soy sauce, ketchup, and seasonings. I suggest that you let the pork stay overnight so that it can absorb the marinade better. If you are in a hurry, 3 hours should be enough. When grilling the pork chop, it takes a little skill and experience. Some grill produces too much heat. This can burn the pork chop easily while leaving the inner part raw. If this is the scenario, try flipping the meat every 3 minutes while basting with the leftover marinade. This method will avoid burning and will keep the meet moist and savory. What is the best dipping sauce for BBQ Pork Chop dish? Spicy vinegar will work, so will ponzu or toyomansi , which is a combination of soy sauce and lemon.
Try this Filipino BBQ Pork Chop Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Filipino BBQ Pork Chop Recipe
- 3 lbs. pork chop
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Make the marinade by combining the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, lemon juice, salt, sugar, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until the sugar is diluted.
- Place the pork chop in a large reseal able bag. Pour-in the marinade mixture in the bag. Let the air out and then seal.
- Marinate the pork chop overnight or for at least 3 hours. Make sure to place the bag in the fridge while doing this.
- Make the basting sauce by transferring the remaining marinade in a bowl and then add the cooking oil and about 3 tablespoons of banana ketchup.
- Grill each side of the pork chop for 10 to 12 minutes in low to medium heat while basting both sides.
- Arrange the BBQ Pork chop over warm white rice, in a plate covered with fresh banana leaf.
- Serve with salted eggs, chopped tomato, and onion. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog