Chicken with ampalaya in oyster sauce is a quick and easy dish that you can make for lunch or dinner. Whether you are cooking just for yourself or for the whole family, this dish will surely be a hit. Aside from being easy, Chicken with Ampalaya is also healthy because it is rich in protein and other nutrients.
Not everyone here might like Ampalaya. I get it. The bitter taste of this healthy vegetable makes it less appetizing. However, you can always try to do something to make it taste less bitter – like rubbing salt on it to let the bitter juices go out, perhaps. You can also try to have it regularly so that you will get used to the taste. In my opinion, the health benefits of Ampalaya will outweigh its bitter taste.
I enjoy this dish with a cup of warm brown rice. Sometimes, I also have this with Ensaladang Talbos ng Kamote.
Try this Chicken with Ampalaya Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, sliced into think pieces
- 2 medium Ampalaya (bitter gourd), cored and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ cup water or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, sauté the onion and the garlic until the onion becomes soft.
- Add the sliced chicken breast. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add the oyster sauce. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in water or chicken broth. Let it boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes (add water, if necessary).
- Put-in the sliced Ampalaya. Stir and cook in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with brown or white rice.
- Share and enjoy!