Looking for an easy chicken dinner recipe? Chicken stir-fry sounds like a good choice and it can be better if you prepare a tasty one – just like this Chicken with Oyster Sauce Stir fry. This is an easy and flavorful chicken stir fry recipe that you can complete in less than 30 minutes; that means you have more time to make fried rice or keep the extra time for yourself.
Chicken with Oyster Sauce Stir fry makes use of three main ingredients; the first two are already given in the name of the dish – the third is (or should I say are) bell peppers. I am using 4 colors of bell peppers for this recipe to make this dish look more appetizing. You can also limit yourself in using just the green and red varieties.
The first part of the recipe is to marinate the chicken in oyster sauce and other ingredients that will help infuse flavor; next is stir frying then you are ready to enjoy your dish. There is really nothing like a quick, easy, and delicious chicken dinner. I think that a glass of white wine will also be nice if you want to relax more and better enjoy your meal.
Hey – don’t forget to see us next time for other recipes. It is our pleasure to share all of them with you.
Try this Chicken with Oyster Sauce Stir fry Recipe. Cheers!
Chicken with Oyster Sauce Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast sliced into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups bell peppers sliced into strips (use any color that you want)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine oyster sauce, sherry cooking wine, ground black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add the thinly sliced chicken. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon cooking oil in a pan
- Once the oil becomes hot, stir-fry the bell peppers for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the remaining cooking oil on the same pan. Once the oil gets how, put the marinated chicken in the pan including the remaining marinade. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the chicken turns light to medium brown.
- Add the cooked bell peppers. Continue to stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Combine the chicken stock and cornstarch. Mix well and then pour into the pan. Stir-fry until the texture of the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
If you love chicken stir fry, I suggest that you try these other chicken stir-fry recipes:
- Asian Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken and Baby Corn Stir Fry
- Baked Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Cashew Chicken Recipe