Garlic Shrimp Pasta is the pasta dish of my choice when I want to have a quick spaghetti meal before I hit the gym or go out for a late afternoon stroll on my bicycle. I like to have garlic shrimp pasta because it is very tasty and quick to prepare. It gives me all the energy that I need to accomplish my plans for the day.
Cooking the noodles might be the lengthiest step in this process. It takes about 11 to 12 minutes to have al dente spaghetti, while a good 8 to 10 minutes is all you need to cook the shrimp with the rest of the ingredients. If you will do the math, garlic shrimp pasta can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. That’s what I call fast food.
Aside from spaghetti noodles, I also use fettuccine or angel hair pasta to make this garlic shrimp pasta dish. Basically, you can use of any pasta of your choice – your imagination is the limit. A nice cold alternative is the chicken macaroni pasta.
As for the shrimp, you can use the frozen cooked shrimp – these are the ones that come in re-sealable packages. I like to use it a lot because it saves me time from removing the shell off the shrimp (since it is sold that way); all I needed to do is thaw the shrimp and cook it afterwards. Using fresh shrimp is a good idea too; just make sure to remove the head, shell, and devein the shrimp before cooking.
Oregano goes well with garlic shrimp pasta, so is dried basil. You can use either of these herbs when preparing this pasta dish.
Try this Garlic Shrimp Pasta Recipe. Cheers!
- 1 lb. shrimp (medium), shell and tail removed
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ lb. spaghetti noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan Cheese
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and then add the olive oil.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the garlic. Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic turns light brown.
- Gradually add-in the cooked spaghetti noodles. Toss until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the oregano, parmesan cheese, and ground black pepper. Toss again until all are well distributed.
- Transfer to individual pasta bowls.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!