This Marinated Grilled Shrimp Recipe was shared to us by Carla. She writes:
I marinate shrimps with a soda and garlic mixture before grilling. It turned out very delicious.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp shell-on
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup 7-up soda
- 3 basil leaves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Stir-in garlic, 7-up, and oil in a bowl. Add basil, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt. Stir well
- Throw shrimps in to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, put inside the refrigerator or cooler for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.Arrange shrimps on a skewer.
- Start to grill each side until orange (2 to 4 minutes depending on the size).