Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp is a simple recipe that involves baby bok choy. This vegetable is somewhat similar to a vegetable known as pechay in the Philippines – thus this dish can be considered as a variation of ginisang pechay.
Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp is quick to make. This is one of the reasons why I always make it when the ingredients are available in my fridge. I think that the sherry or cooking wine helps the dis taste better.
A few notes before you start cooking Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp; make sure that the bok choy leaves are separated from each other. Do this by slicing the lower end of the bok choy crosswise. This will set the leaves apart. Also, use medium shrimp for this recipe. It might be more convenient if you buy frozen packaged shrimp from the grocery. It will save you time cleaning and removing the shell from the shrimp.
Try this Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp recipe. Enjoy!
- 20 pieces medium shrimp, deveined
- 5 bunches baby bok choy
- 1 medium plum tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons, sherry or cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and onions.Continue to cook until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the tomato. Cook until soft.
- Put-in the shrimp and cooking wine. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy. Stir. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!