Have you tried ginisang sitaw (sauteed string beans) or ginisang pechay (sauteed bok choy)? Sauteed Flank Steak with Bok Choy and String Beans is a cross between the two dishes. All these dishes share the same characteristics — they are all delicious and easy to prepare.
I am using flank steak for this recipe. Flank steak is a cut from that comes from the abdomen part of the cow. This cut makes good bistek tagalog or beef teriyaki. This cut is full of flavor and can easily be tenderized by cooking.
In addition here are more ways of cooking Bok choy.
Try this Sauteed Flank Steak with Bok Choy and String Beans recipe. Let me know what you think.
Sauteed Flank Steak with Bok Choy and String Beans
- 1/2 lb. Flank steak chopped
- 3 bunches bok choy chopped
- 2 to 3 cups string beans cut into 2 inch length
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Once the oil is hot, stir fry the flank steak for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef broth. Cover and bring to a boil.Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover and let the liquid completely evaporate.
- Put-in the garlic and onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put-in the string beans, bok choy, and soy sauce. Stir and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!