Lo Mein with Beef and Broccoli is a easy-to-make noodle dish that satisfies my appetite. It is simply delicious and easy to cook — this means that this recipe is under the basic or beginner level. If you are new to cooking or just about to try to cook the dishes that you like, consider this recipe. Send me a comment if you have questions. If you will need immediate attention, message me directly in Facebook or in Instagram and I will make sure that I respond in a timely manner.
I really liked Lo Mein with Beef and Broccoli because it reminds me of the beef and broccoli dish that has been my favorite. I grew-up loving beef with broccoli. While growing-up, I learned that beef and broccoli (as well as other dishes) were not limited on its traditional recipe. This means that we can still improvise and create a version that you will like best — just like this lo mein recipe.
You might be asking about the difference between Lo Mein and Chow mein. The answer to your question is easy.Chow Mein refers to fried noodles, while Lo Mein are tossed noodles. This Lo Mein with Beef and Broccoli recipe is the tossed noodles version of beef with broccoli dish that you love — and both have the same level of yum.
Try this yummy Lo Mein with Beef and Broccoli recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 8 oz. dried egg noodles cooked according to package instructions
- ½ lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine 2½ tablespoons soy sauce, sherry, and garlic powder in bowl. Mix well. Put-in the beef. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch in the bowl with the beef. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, saute the marinated beef. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg noodles. Toss and cook for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the oyster sauce, remaining soy sauce, sugar, ginger, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture on the noodles with beef. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes in medium heat while tossing once in a while.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!