This Chicken Potato Salad is what I had for lunch. I enjoyed it a lot because I am a huge fan of potato salad. The addition of diced chicken made this salad dish stand out. This is now my new potato salad version. The green peas also made it look prettier and it also helped make the entire salad taste better.
This recipe is ideal if you are planning to have chicken potato salad for lunch. Simply prepare it in the morning and chill in the fridge in time for lunch. Another thing that I like about it is the fact that it is quick to make. It only takes around 30 minutes or less to prepare the dish.
I had this as a side for my version of Max’s fried chicken. The combination was perfect. The leftovers can be kept sealed in the fridge for a couple of days. I plan to have some for breakfast with a piece of toast.
Try this Chicken Potato Salad Recipe. Happy cooking!
Watch the Video on How to Make Chicken Potato Salad
- 2 (4 oz.) pieces boneless chicken breast
- 2 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Water for boiling
- Boil 4 cups water in a pot. Add the chicken. Boil for 15 minutes. Remove the chicken and let it cool down. Slice the chicken into small cubes. Set aside.
- Boil a clean batch of water in a clean pot. Add the carrot and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the carrot aside. Do the same with the potato.
- Combine the diced chicken, carrot, and potato in a mixing bowl. Add garlic salt, pickle relish, Parmesan, and mayonnaise. Fold until all the ingredients are well blended. Add the frozen green peas. Continue to fold until well blended. Note: you can adjust the amount of garlic salt and Parmesan to tailor to your taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!