This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Curried Potato Salad makes a nice side dish to fried chicken; it can even be your lunch meal by itself. This recipe makes the regular potato salad stand out by adding a dose of curry powder.
Have you tried Chicken curry before? Imagine the taste when curry is added to rich ingredients. It compliments well and gives the dish an extra boost. I even enjoyed having Curried potato salad when I added nuts to it. I think that the almonds and sun flower seeds did a good job in enhancing the texture of the salad.
Curried Potato Salad is best if served chilled. I usually toss it with the rest of the ingredients when the potatoes are in room temperature. I then cover the salad with cling wrap and place it in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
Try this Curried Potato Salad recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. red potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 6 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water on a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add the potatoes and a teaspoon of salt. Boil for 18 to 23 minutes. Remove from the cooking pot, Let cool and then cube.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sweet pickle relish, curry powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the onion, celery and potatoes. Gently mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Top with almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!