Slow Cooked Beefsteak is a Filipino dish known as bistek tagalog. It is composed of thin slices of beef such as sirloin or flank steak. It is cooked with soy sauce, onion, and lemon. This is the slow cooked version which should be ready in around 4 hours.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin, sliced into thin pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced crosswise
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Put the beef slices in a slow cooker.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, and beef broth. Stir. Set the slow cooker to cook for 4 hours.
- On the 2nd hour, arrange the onion slices on top. Cover and continue to slow cook.
- A few minutes before the slow cooker completes its 4 hour cook time, add the ground black pepper, salt, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir. Cover and cook until the slow cooker completes the cooking time.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!
The cut that I use is very lean. There are no signs of marbling or any fat for that matter. This is ideal for people who are health conscious and are staying away from fatty foods. Sometimes I use beef chuck when making this beefsteak dish. It has a nice amount of fat that keeps the meat tender. I slow cook the beef chuck version for at least 6 hours.
This recipe will give you a tasty and tender beef dish that can be enjoyed with rice either for lunch or dinner.
Try this Slow Cooked Beefsteak Recipe. Enjoy!