Sirloin Beef Steak Tagalog is a version of bistek tagalog. This is a marinated beef dish cooked with soy sauce and onion.
This version suggests the use of beef sirloin. Sirloin is tender and it is usually used for grilling or broiling. Since it is a tender cut of beef, it only requires less than an hour to cook.
Sirloin beef steak is best eaten with rice. You can have it with regular steamed rice or with garlic fried rice.
How to Cook Sirloin Beef Steak Tagalog
Start by marinating beef sirloin with soy sauce and lime. Do this by combining all three ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended. Let it stay for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Once the beef absorbs the flavor from the marinade, pan fry it for a couple of minutes per side and then pour-in the remaining marinade along with beef broth (you may also use 2 cups of water and half a beef cube as an alternative for beef broth). Let it boil and then add pepper and garlic powder. Simmer until the beef gets tender — which is around 30 to 35 minutes. The thinner the cut the faster it gets tender.
Add the onion and scallions towards the end. If you want these cooked and soft, cover the pan after adding and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. You will need to add more broth if it starts to dry out. Enjoy!
Sirloin Beef Steak Tagalog
- 3/4 to 1 lb beef sirloin sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into rings
- 4 pieces scallions sliced (optional)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lime or 2 pieces calamansi
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine soy sauce, lime, and beef in a bowl, Mix well and let it stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and start to pan fry the beef sirloin in medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade and the beef broth. Add garlic powder and ground black pepper. Stir. Cover and simmer for 20 to 35 minutes. Add more beef broth if necessary.
- Remove the cover and add the onion and scallion. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Share and enjoy!