Carne Asada Fried Rice is an easy fried rice recipe that you can make with carne asada. This fried rice variation can be made using leftover carne asada. If you have some extra meat from the tacos that you prepared your dinner, you can transform it into a delicious fried rice dish for breakfast.
Similar to other fried rice recipes, Carne Asada Fried Rice is cooked by sauteing the meat for a few seconds before adding the rice. This step will let the cooking oil absorb flavor that it can distribute to the rice later on. Ground cumin is added to the rice to give it a more distinct taste.
You can eat this fried rice dish as it is or with any other main dish. If you want something different, try adding some Pico de Gallo (diced tomato, onion, lime juice, and cilantro mixture), shredded lettuce, sour cream, and shredded cheese on top. There are countless ways to enjoy this dish; it is all up to you.
Try this Carne Asada fried rice recipe. Let me know what you think.
- ½ lb. grilled Carne Asada, chopped
- 6 cups leftover white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine salt and leftover rice. Gently mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan.
- When the oil is hot, put-in the carne asada. Cook for 20 seconds (so that the oil can absorb the flavor).
- Add the rice and then stir while frying. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put-in the ground cumin and dried parsley. Cook while stirring for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with your main dish.
- Share and enjoy!