Squid Ball Chop Suey is a Chop Suey variation that makes use of squid balls instead of the usual meat ingredients. This recipe is simple, delicious, and easy to follow. Once you have all the ingredients, let me help and guide you to prepare the dish by watching the cooking video and following the detailed written procedure.
As you might have noticed, there are many ways to cook chop suey. It all depends on your preference and imagination. I consider myself a fan of chop suey. I think that I was able to make more than 12 variations, if my memory serves me right. All it I did was to master a base recipe and use it to experiment using other ingredients.
Try this Squid Ball Chop Suey recipe. Let me know what you think.
Squid Ball Chop Suey
- 1 medium head cabbage chopped
- 12 to 15 pieces squid balls
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 large carrot sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1/4 lb chicken liver
- 10 pieces boiled quail eggs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon mined garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken liver. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and chicken broth. Stir and let boil.
- Put-in the squid balls. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium. Sprinkle some ground black pepper. Stir.
- Add the carrots and cauliflower. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and bell peppers. Toss.
- Put-in the cabbage. Cover and steam the vegetables for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Gently stir the ingredients and add the quail eggs.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!