This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Scallop Chop Suey is another variation of the popular chop suey recipe. Instead of using the traditional ingredients, I used scallops along with the usual vegetables. This dish is really amazing.
Preparing Scallop chop suey is not as complicated as the regular chop suey. Since we are dealing only with seafood and vegetables, the cooking time is short and the procedure is very simple. Although this requires less time and ingredients, the outcome of this recipe is something that I can really be proud of.
I started out by sautéing the garlic and onion. The scallops were added afterwards. Once the scallops are half done, I added the veggies starting from the harder ones. Harder veggies such as carrots and cauliflower take more time to cook compare to greens. Adding them a few minutes before the soft vegetables will prevent the later from sagging. Adding Quail eggs make the dish taste better.
This can be enjoyed with a cup of delicious fried rice.
Try this Scallop Chop Suey Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. medium sea scallops
- 1 medium carrot sliced crosswise
- 1/2 lb. snow peas
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into wide strips
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 12 pieces hard-boiled quail eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Put-in the scallops. Cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and cauliflower. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the snow peas, cabbage, and bell pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in broth. Let boil.
- Add the quail eggs.
- Pour-in cornstarch diluted in water. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!