Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a rich baked noodle dish perfect for lunch or dinner. This recipe makes use of 3 different cheeses: ricotta, Parmesan, and sharp cheddar.
This is my third time making Sour Cream Noodle Bake. During the first two tries, I learned that a little flavor should be added to the noodle and ricotta cheese mixture. This was the reason why I added Parmesan cheese to the mix.
I like Sour Cream Noodle Bake because it is rich and makes me feel comfortable. I love having this with either garlic bread or Texas toast.
It is also a good idea to sprinkle freshly chopped basil or flat parsley on top after baking to make the dish look, smell, and taste fresh.
Try this Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 10 oz. dumpling noodles
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ¾ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the noodle according to package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Put-in garlic salt. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in tomato sauce. Let boil and simmer until the sauce reduces to half. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Combine the cooked noodles, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and scallions. Gently toss to mix.
- Arrange the noodle mixture at the bottom of a baking pan. Top with a layer of the cooked ground beef. Arrange the shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!