This Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe is a winner. It is simple to make and all you have to do is bake it in the oven – although you will still need to cook the spaghetti noodles. If you are feeling lazy (and I am always feeling this way, so you are not alone), skip the spaghetti and eat it with bread or whatever side dish is available in your pantry.
So, how do you bake chicken Parmesan? Here is how I do it – you’ll see all the details in the recipe below. I usually prepare 3 bowls: the first bowl will have the all-purpose flour, the second will hold the beaten eggs, and the third will have the breadcrumb mixture. I also have a baking tray or pan ready and this has been already greased with cooking oil spray. Simply dredge the chicken breast in flour and then dip in the beaten egg mixture. One the chicken is coated with egg; roll it over the breadcrumb mixture until the entire chicken breast is fully coated. Arrange the crusted chicken pieces on the baking pan and bake.
The details above are almost complete, for the final steps of your baked chicken Parmesan, you will need to pour marinara sauce over the chicken and top it with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
Try this Baked Parmesan Chicken Recipe. Cheers!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 pieces 5 to 7 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- Cook the Spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 360 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Dredge the chicken breast in flour then dip in beaten eggs and roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Spray cooking oil on a wide baking dish. Arrange the bread crumb coated chicken pieces on the baking dish and then spray some cooking oil on top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Top the chicken pieces with marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Put the baking dish back in the oven and continue to bake for 7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Arrange the spaghetti noodles in serving plates. Top with the baked chicken Parmesan and more marina sauce as needed.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!