One of the best beef sandwiches that I had was Crock Pot Beef Stew Sandwich. It is simply a delicious sandwich made from slow cooked beef stew and topped with cheese. I think that it goes well with the Hoagie Roll – I just added a pepperoncini on top for that extra sour flavor with a bit of spice.
Although this slow cooked beef stew sandwich takes long to prepare, it is worth the wait. The cooking process is easy; all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a slow cooker and let time develop the good flavor. Before I forget, let me point out one thing about searing the beef cubes before placing it in the slow cooker. I find it better to sear the beef first because it locks the entire flavor inside the beef. For some reason, I think that the overall taste is better if you sear the beef compared to putting it raw in the slow cooker.
When assembling the sandwich, you can use any type of bread. The Hoagie roll is just my recommendation. Use any bread – pandesal, hamburger buns, hotdog buns – you name it. Your Crock Pot Beef Stew Sandwich will also taste better if you pour some sauce over the beef.
Try this Crock Pot Beef Stew Sandwich. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Beef Stew Sandwich
- 3 lbs. beef chuck cubed
- 1 cup carrot cubed
- 3 baking potatoes cubed
- 3/4 cup celery stalk finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth or stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pieces hoagie roll
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil turn hot, sear the beef cubes by batches. Set aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients including the seared beef in a slow cooker (except the cheese and hoagie roll)
- Set the slow cooker in low mode and cook for 9 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred by pulling the meat using your fingers. Make sure that the meat is not hot when you do this procedure.
- Arrange the slow cooked beef over the hoagie roll. Pour some stew sauce and top with cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!